How to Play Fuku Warai
Here is a typical way to play fuku warai with friends when you have the actual game set. You can also make one by hand out of paper.
- First, the players spread out a piece of paper with the outline of a face on it.
- Then one player is blindfolded with a handkerchief or other cloth.
- The blindfolded player tries to place cutouts of the eyes, eyebrows, mouth, and nose on the face, while the other players shout instructions--for example, "Higher!" "To the left!" "There!"
- After the player places the pieces, the blindfold is removed so the player can view his or her handiwork.
- Most of the time, the face comes out looking ridiculous, and the players can't keep from laughing.
- It's also fun to see how the faces created by different players turn out.
So, are you ready to play "Virtual fuku warai"? Give it a try!
VIRTUAL FUKU WARAI